“In 2013, in a talk with Marcela Taboada precisely these pictures came the idea enlarge and print cyanotype, a technique used by Anna Atkins , who illustrated encyclopedia botanical using the cyanotype, and thus becoming the first woman photographer in the world.
At the time Alelí was a great friend as well as being a model for various artists, and this was the reason why I decided to make this photographic series. Cyanotype + Alelí = women who have shaped my career: Miriam Ladron de Guevara , Ephemeris on the ladder for me representing the female force despite the force often appears not to be lost in the shadows of men to women driving.”
– Pedro Miranda
Pedro Miranda (Oaxaca, 1982) took up photography in 1999, under the tutelage of Marcela Taboada, Patricia Cerezo, Ivan Césarman and Mauricio Mendoza. He is a disciple of the sculptor Miriam Ladron de Guevara, who was formed between 2001 and 2004. He has participated in several workshops for making textiles rack, paper with natural fibers and ceramics.
His work has been exhibited since 2002 in group and solo exhibitions in the city of Oaxaca: Painters Museum, Palace Museum, Textile Museum, State Library, Museo Casa Juarez Autonomous University Gallery University “Benito Juárez” Oaxaca, Workshop Rufino Tamayo, Oaxaca Art Gallery, among other places.
In 2011 he was one of the artists presented by the Arte40 collectively exhibited at the National Museum of Art, Mexico City. That same year he participated with Montserrat Jimenez and Julio Godefroy in Shock TVUNAM Arts program, with the “sensory Images”. In 2010 he developed the crazy girlfriend thanks to a grant from the Ministry of Culture of Oaxaca. With this series he presented his first solo exhibition in Mexico City in 2013, the Alternative Space Gallery of the National Arts Centre.
- Israde, Yanireth, ” Miranda Achieves ‘tactile images’ “in Reform , Culture, Tuesday January 22, 2013, p. 17.
- Flores, Erika, ” Pedro Miranda, a blind photographer “in Political Animal , Friday January 18, 2013.
- EOR, ‘ Open ‘Crazy Bride’ Pedro Miranda calendar of exhibitions in Cenart “Chronicle, Thursday January 17, 2013.
- CGP, ” inaugurated the exhibition The crazy girlfriend on the Alternative Space Gallery Cenart “Conaculta, Announcement no. 35, Thursday January 17, 2013.
- Bucio, Erika P., ” ‘I can not imagine how blind artist’ “in Reform , Wednesday January 16, 2013, Culture. p. 18.
- No author, ” Sample fototextiles “in El Financiero , Culture, Tuesday 15 January, 2013.
- ” Inauguration of exhibition “The crazy girlfriend ‘Pedro Miranda “in News Agency of the Mexican Left, Tuesday 15 January, 2013.
- García, Yuliana, ” The crazy girlfriend comes to town “in Mas for more , Tuesday 15 January, 2013.
- No author, “‘ Crazy Bride ‘up to Cenart “in Time , Tuesday 15 January, 2013.
- Notimex, ” Pedro Miranda leads to Cenart Crazy Bride “in El Universal Monday January 14, 2013.
- ” Pedro Miranda and his crazy girlfriend “in Cuartoscuro Monday January 14, 2013.
- ” Pedro Miranda introduces the technique in the exhibition fototextiles crazy girlfriend“CONACULTA, Announcement no. 15, Thursday January 10, 2013.
- JRA, ” The crazy girlfriend – Works by Pedro Miranda in CENART “in Art on the Net Monday January 14, 2013.
- ” Pedro Miranda merges photography and textiles with traditional Oaxacan leyedas“Conaculta, statement no. 25 Monday 14 January, 2013.
- Reyes, José Juan, ” Crazy bride, Pedro Miranda, exhibition featuring photographs and captions “in siete24 Monday January 14, 2103.
- Díaz Alva, Brenda, ” photographed beyond the senses “in” Front Row “Reform, Friday January 11, 2013, Plastic, p. 12.
- Maza, Angels, ” The blind Pedro Miranda exposes ‘The crazy girlfriend’ in Mexico DF “on FotografiaD , Thursday January 10, 2013.
- ” Pedro Miranda will present his work in the Cenart “in Reporter , Thursday January 10, 2013.
- Balerini Casal, Emiliano, ” Pedro Miranda: the art of photography from blindness “in Millennium , Culture, Wednesday January 9, 2013.
- Ponce, Francisco, “Pedro Miranda and his bride Loca” in Oaxaca Deep , December 2010, pp.14-15.
- “Crazy Bride” photographic look of Pedro Miranda in Mupal in e-oaxaca , Friday October 29, 2010.
- Torrentera, Fortino, ” Today exposes Pedro Miranda legend ‘Lanovia loca’ in the MUPAL “in Citizenship Express , Friday 15 October 2010.
- Mallé, Coppelia, ” Invite the Textile Workshop with artistaPedro Miranda “in Citizenship Express , Wednesday 20 October, 2010.
- ” ‘ Crazy Bride ‘through the’ look ‘DEPEDRO Miranda “in Liberty-Oaxaca , Thursday October 28, 2010.
- Alcazar, Mercedes, ” inner vision guides the work of Pedro Miranda “in Time , Monday 7 November 2005.
- Mateos, Askari, ” Pedro Miranda exposes Waiting “ , in The Impartial , 2005.
- Interview by Teresa Irazaba
- Mateos, Askari, ” multisensory Photography “.
- Mejia, Gina, ” Plasma Photo visual memory “.